Based in Sainte-brigitte-de-laval, Québec, Canada
Bleak Fortress is a retro futuristic 2D stealth platformer game that mix ideas from other games such Metal Gear Solid, Metroid and Blackthorn (An old Blizzard Entertainment retro game).
In the year 2088, aboard a ship called Density, you and your crew have crashed on an uncharted ice planet. You wake up in a dark and strange place. It look like you have been captured and imprisoned in a very deep fortress out of nowhere. You must find what happened to your crew and find a way to leave this place.
- Cross-platform: Win32, MacOS, Linux.
- Available in both languages at launch: French and English.
- Amazing in-game sound ambiance.
- Game pad and keyboard support.
- Intriguing story.
- Simple inventory management.
- Explore a huge and deep hi-security underground fortress.
- Non-linear progression with mission objectives.
- Try many different approaches to complete your objectives.
- Unique objects and weapons to find in order to progress in the game.
- Hide yourself in deeper areas to avoid conflicts or enemy fire.
- Hijack terminals with your Satcom device in order to open new paths of exploration, obtain tactical critical data for your mission, or simply to disable security devices in order to progress in the game.
Bleak Fortress - Official Trailer (Technical Preview 0.1) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Pyroswarm Entertainment does currently not allow for the contents of Bleak Fortress to be published through video broadcasting services.
Projects Development Blog
If you want to fellow the progress of this project please check out our devblog. pyroswarm.com.
About Pyroswarm Entertainment
Pyroswarm Entertainment is a small company from Quebec, Canada creating independent video games founded in 2014 by Sébastien Guillemette. It is located in the province of Quebec in the heart of Sainte-Brigitte-de-Laval. We are passionate about video games and want to bring creativity and originality to new and old concepts. We want our game to be fun and enjoyable by everyone.
More information on Pyroswarm Entertainment, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Bleak Fortress Credits
Sound and music, Freelancer